Re: Another step towards Wi...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
Message-ID<slrnm0gd08.tam.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsLloyd Parsons
FollowupsLloyd Parsons (2h & 43m) > Sandman

In article <c6p36rFigeuU1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
You're just blathering. Try reading what I said for comprehension.

Nashton
I'm stating this from the perspective of having desktop apps and tablet apps on the same device. This is a huge advantage.

Sandman
It's also a real mess.

Lloyd Parsons
Not at all. It is actually quite simple and elegant when you use it a Bit.

I use it daily and my personal opinion is that it's a real mess. Metro apps doesn't get access to the file system, or hasn't implemented the file system, and desktop apps doesn't implement the uniform databases for the Metro apps, like contacts, calendars and whatnot.

Some apps are better are metro apps, like Sketchbook, but there is only a light version of that available, to get the full version you need to use the desktop version - or an iPad. Well, more or less.

-- Sandman[.net]

Lloyd Parsons (2h & 43m) > Sandman