Re: Another step towards Wi...

Gary
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromGary
Date09/01/2014 20:48 (09/01/2014 19:48)
Message-ID<5404bf6d$0$23729$b1db1813$df808093@news.astraweb.com>
FollowsLloyd Parsons
FollowupsLloyd Parsons (15m)

On 2014-08-29 18:52:05 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons
On 29 Aug 2014 19:19, Gary wrote:

Gary
On 2014-08-29 12:23:49 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons

Gary
On 2014-08-27 23:56:28 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons
I've said I wasn't happy with the path Apple is taking with Yosemite, And I wasn't enamored of the look and feel of iOS7 for the same reasons. Skinny font, little contrast and shades of pastel. All make It difficult on my eyes.

So today I went to Verizon and got a new HTC One (M8) Windows phone. Wow, what a sweet phone!! Real colors and contrast, a 5" screen that Is a little bigger than I had planned on getting and it is FAST!! Faster with Windows than with Android which this phone also comes out With.

I had to buy a couple apps, but they were mostly cheap and I've got Everything I actually use covered.

BTW, Cortana is very nice. I've seen the ads about it but haven't Played around too much with it yet.

Next up is selling the MBPr... :(

Gary
What path is Apple taking Lloyd?

Lloyd Parsons
flat, pale coloring, lack of contrast, skinny fonts. All UI changes that are on the way and started with iOS7.

Gary
I dont remember Apple telling us their path for the future.

Lloyd Parsons
Then you don't pay good attention.

Gary
Why are you selling your MBP?

Lloyd Parsons
Because I want to.

Gary
so your bothered by a lil colour change and fonts change and lack of contrast.

Lloyd Parsons
Yep, I'm bothered by it. I'm old and my eyes are too, so I treat them as well as I can.

Gary
Sorry lloyd, your being rediculous..Never mind how the operating system performs...thats not important it seems, your in a tizzy over skinny fonts.

Lloyd Parsons
STFU Gary!

For all the things I do, Windows and OSX are equal, it is all about the look and feel. So how the OS performs isn't an issue at all since there is no discernable difference.

Gary
It's possible that all the feedback Apple gets from the beta overwhelmingly agrees with you and in that case Apple might make some UI changes before final release.

Lloyd Parsons
Maybe. But Ive is in charge of this and he loves this shitty look. And reading in forums that discuss this kind of crap all the time, there seems to be as many that like it as don't.

Will they make a significant change before release. NO. They have made small improvements though, and that is really all you can expect at this point.

Gary
On the second point, unless your in the top meetings at Apple Lloyd you are as clueless as the rest of us the the path Apple is on so no more attention that i already pay needed.

Lloyd Parsons
Sure, I don't know all the insider crap. But it isn't brain surgery to see the path Apple is taking with the UI. If you don't see it, it is because your head is up your ass, and possibly up Apple's too.

See what lloyd, explain what your seeing?

I like the look of Yosemite, it's got a classier look in a way and it's nicely done also looking better than Mavericks in my opinion. All this is in the run up to OS 11 and if the patents for dial menu's are anything to go by who the hell knows what the end result will be. I trust Apple's choices alot more than i trust microsoft.

Gary
Of course, you could image a future path in your mind but that is not necessarily going to be true.

Lloyd Parsons
When it comes out in release and you see it is true, I fully expect you to come here and kiss the crack of my ass!

lol….looks like Nashtons already in place and he's hungry.

You need to paint a good view of this path Lloyd so we can have something to expect for OS 11 cause you obviously know exactly how it's going to look.