Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date08/29/2014 20:57 (08/29/2014 13:57)
Message-ID<c6c0psF4dc5U1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsDavid Fritzinger
FollowupsDavid Fritzinger (1h & 8m) > Lloyd Parsons

On 29 Aug 2014 14:42, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
In article <5400c42f$0$43568$b1db1813$ca8b28d9@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gaztronomical@gmail.com>wrote:

Gary
On 2014-08-29 12:23:49 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons
On 29 Aug 2014 11:00, Gary wrote:

Gary
On 2014-08-27 23:56:28 +0000, Lloyd Parsons said:

Lloyd Parsons
I've said I wasn't happy with the path Apple is taking with Yosemite, And I wasn't enamored of the look and feel of iOS7 for the same reasons. Skinny font, little contrast and shades of pastel. All make It difficult on my eyes.

So today I went to Verizon and got a new HTC One (M8) Windows phone. Wow, what a sweet phone!! Real colors and contrast, a 5" screen that Is a little bigger than I had planned on getting and it is FAST!! Faster with Windows than with Android which this phone also comes out With.

I had to buy a couple apps, but they were mostly cheap and I've got Everything I actually use covered.

BTW, Cortana is very nice. I've seen the ads about it but haven't Played around too much with it yet.

Next up is selling the MBPr... :(

Gary
What path is Apple taking Lloyd?

Lloyd Parsons
flat, pale coloring, lack of contrast, skinny fonts. All UI changes that are on the way and started with iOS7.

Gary
I dont remember Apple telling us their path for the future.

Lloyd Parsons
Then you don't pay good attention.

Gary
Why are you selling your MBP?

Lloyd Parsons
Because I want to.

Gary
so your bothered by a lil colour change and fonts change and lack of contrast.

Sorry lloyd, your being rediculous….Never mind how the operating system performs…..thats not important it seems, your in a tizzy over skinny fonts.

It's possible that all the feedback Apple gets from the beta overwhelmingly agrees with you and in that case Apple might make some UI changes before final release.

On the second point, unless your in the top meetings at Apple Lloyd you are as clueless as the rest of us the the path Apple is on so no more attention that i already pay needed.

Of course, you could image a future path in your mind but that is not necessarily going to be true.

David Fritzinger
Sorry Gary, but I have to disagree with you. If Lloyd wants to move to Windows, that's fine with me. Choosing a computer and operating system is a personal decision, and whether one chooses Windows, OSX, or whatever else may be out there, that is their business, and no one else's. If Lloyd were trying to decide whether to move or not, trying to influence his decision would be warranted. However, he has already decided, so the best thing is to hope the decision works out well for him (and maybe hope he'll decide to come back someday<G>).

Well, I haven't left here yet!! :) And I'll certainly stick around just to tweak the trolls and maybe troll a little myself! :)

But thanks for the comments. In my case Windows-OSX, the difference is all in the UI. Performance is equal for the uses I have and the software I want is on both.

So far I have spent the following on app purchases in the switch: 1. NewsGroupsRT - $1.49 usenet client 2. GolfGPS -$16.99 My golfing app for the phone. 3. Well there is no 3! All the rest were free. :)

I was already an Office365 subscriber. So that's not an extra expense.

And for what I can get for my MBPr, the cosst of the desktop computer that I just got will be covered. Actually in the grand scheme of things, the desktop replaced an older Acer i3 powered laptop that was getting long in the tooth. Had I just gotten a newer laptop to replace it, the cost would have been around $600 for what I would want. The desktop is an all-in-one w/touch and cost about $1050, so I spent an extra $400 just to get it instead.

-- Lloyd