Re: Another step towards Wi...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date09/01/2014 18:27 (09/01/2014 12:27)
Message-ID<dfritzin-081881.12272801092014@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowupsLloyd Parsons (2h & 9m)
Sandman (13h & 55m) > David Fritzinger

In article <slrnm091le.dcb.mr@irc.sandman.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <c6j8r9F1d30U1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

[snip]

Lloyd Parsons
Then Apple decided OSX needs to look nearly the same and that's when I started looking.

Sandman
It's just odd to see a grown man put so much value into such a shallow part of their computing needs.

It may be a "shallow part of his computing needs", but it is one he interacts with every time he uses his computer/phone/tablet. If Lloyd honestly dislikes the interface so much that it affects his user experience, then he is justified in switching, IMHO. Besides, there have been many times Mac advocates have criticized the look and feel of Windows, so saying that isn't a valid reason for Lloyd to switch seems a bit hypocritical to me. And yes, I remain a satisfied Mac/iPhone/iPad user. [snip]