Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date09/04/2014 18:05 (09/04/2014 11:05)
Message-ID<c6rgugF72gnU1@mid.individual.net>

On 4 Sep 2014 14:24:03 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <c6r3jhF3ic8U1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Some apps are better are metro apps, like Sketchbook, but there is only a light version of that available, to get the full version you need to use the desktop version - or an iPad. Well, more or less.

Lloyd Parsons
If you had said most Metro apps are lite versions, I think you would be correct in that assessment. Or at least the ones I've looked at or used are.

Sandman
Yeah, that's part of the problem. For iPad, there are more or less full-featured apps available, while on Windows, only the light versions are available for Metro.

Of course that's only a problem if you want it to be. I don't find using metro apps when they are good enough and desktop apps when I need to do more to be all that big a deal.

Essentially most 'net things are just fine with metro apps. Office apps, not so much even for me and my wp and spreadsheet needs are fairly minimal.

I tend to be metro apps about 70% of the time.

-- Lloyd