Re: Another step towards Wi...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
Message-ID<slrnm0ap0l.gf4.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsDavid Fritzinger
FollowupsDavid Fritzinger (6h & 4m) > Sandman

In article <dfritzin-081881.12272801092014@news.eternal-september.org>, David Fritzinger wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
Then Apple decided OSX needs to look nearly the same and that's when I started looking.

Sandman
It's just odd to see a grown man put so much value into such a shallow part of their computing needs.

David Fritzinger
It may be a "shallow part of his computing needs", but it is one he interacts with every time he uses his computer/phone/tablet. If Lloyd honestly dislikes the interface so much that it affects his user experience, then he is justified in switching, IMHO.

It's the "honestly" part I'm questioning. Whether someone can "honestly" dislike the appearance (not function) of the iPhone UI so much that it is the sole reason for switching. I just find it extremely odd.

Besides, there have been many times Mac advocates have criticized the look and feel of Windows, so saying that isn't a valid reason for Lloyd to switch seems a bit hypocritical to me.

How so? I have criticized the Windows "look" many times, but I still use it, don't I? The appearance of the Windows UI is not why I am using a Mac, and I don't think any Mac users feel that way. I.e. I don't think anyone switched to Macs because Windows isn't "pretty" enough.

-- Sandman[.net]