Re: Another step towards Wi...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date09/02/2014 22:12 (09/02/2014 16:12)
Message-ID<dfritzin-3D527D.16120302092014@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowupsLloyd Parsons (14m)

In article <slrnm0c88v.i6f.mr@irc.sandman.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <dfritzin-D73234.08274502092014@news.eternal-september.org>, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
Besides, there have been many times Mac advocates have criticized the look and feel of Windows, so saying that isn't a valid reason for Lloyd to switch seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Sandman
How so? I have criticized the Windows "look" many times, but I still use it, don't I? The appearance of the Windows UI is not why I am using a Mac, and I don't think any Mac users feel that way. I.e. I don't think anyone switched to Macs because Windows isn't "pretty" enough.

David Fritzinger
Perhaps you aren't the best example. However, there have been many discussions in the past where the Windows UI was criticized and described as a reason not to use Windows.

Sandman
I would agree with that. I am claiming it's not the ONLY reason, like Lloyd is claiming.

The look and feel of any computing platform is pretty important, but I think it's misdirected to pick your computing platform based only on the "look" part of what should be a long list of parameters.

I agree that there are many things to be taken into consideration when choosing a computing or device platform. However, to Lloyd, there just aren't that many differences in how the two platforms operate (I might disagree, but I have to admit that I have little experience using any Windows OS's past XP). So, all things being equal, or nearly so, as they seem to be to Lloyd, the look and feel of the OS could well be the deciding factor.