Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date08/31/2014 18:02 (08/31/2014 11:02)
Message-ID<c6gv9oFd9u5U1@mid.individual.net>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsNashton (1d, 9h & 23m) > Lloyd Parsons

On 31 Aug 2014 12:01, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 2014-08-29 5:28 PM, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
On 29 Aug 2014 20:22:48 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <dfritzin-E77A66.14425629082014@news.eternal-september.org>, David Fritzinger wrote:

Gary
so your bothered by a lil colour change and fonts change and lack of contrast.

Sorry lloyd, your being rediculous..Never mind how the operating system performs...thats not important it seems, your in a tizzy over skinny fonts.

It's possible that all the feedback Apple gets from the beta overwhelmingly agrees with you and in that case Apple might make some UI changes before final release.

On the second point, unless your in the top meetings at Apple Lloyd you are as clueless as the rest of us the the path Apple is on so no more attention that i already pay needed.

Of course, you could image a future path in your mind but that is not necessarily going to be true.

David Fritzinger
Sorry Gary, but I have to disagree with you. If Lloyd wants to move to Windows, that's fine with me.

Sandman
No one said he can't. We're just questioning the reasons for doing so. Eithe rhe has more actual valid reasons for moving to Windows, or he is unaware that all his reasons are addressable without chaning operating system.

David Fritzinger
Choosing a computer and operating system is a personal decision, and whether one chooses Windows, OSX, or whatever else may be out there, that is their business, and no one else's.

Sandman
Naturally. But at the same time, I would very much recommend anyone to make an informed choice, and not "X has 'skinny fonts', obviously Y is the better choice".

David Fritzinger
If Lloyd were trying to decide whether to move or not, trying to influence his decision would be warranted. However, he has already decided, so the best thing is to hope the decision works out well for him (and maybe hope he'll decide to come back someday<G>).

Sandman
I couldn't care less what OS he uses or if he "comes back", whatever that means. I am just questioning his motives, which I can do regardless of whether he has already done the switch or not.

Lloyd Parsons
OK, let's put all this into perspective.

Nashton
Won't matter. Pearls before swine.

Lloyd Parsons
I'm retired and have no actual computing needs beyond the very basics Of email, web browsing and a checkbook manager. Well a Usenet client Too.

Nashton
Nice to see you're getting a taste of your own medicine, Lloyd. For years you've been dissing Windows and everyone that uses it, myself included, and the thought of you, of all people, switching, well, it boggles the mind!

OK, I'll consider your mind 'boggled'!! :)

But really now, I switched from Windows quit a few years back specifically because of OSX and the direction Apple was going in.

Now they've decided to change the look and feel in a direction that I don't like, so switching again isn't a big deal, especially these days where my needs are so much less.

Lloyd Parsons
All the rest is just hobby toys to play with. So I'm taking my Mac Balls out of the game and bringing out the other toy box.

I don't like the UI of iOS7 and Yosemite and iOS8 are just more of the Same. Yes, you can fiddle with some things to improve it, but the end product still sucks totally from a vision standpoint.

Nashton
I don't believe you. I have a Mac and I love the look and feel of the OS. You're just a worthless troll, lying through your teeth. There is nothing -DO YOU HEAR ME- nothing wrong with OSX and the direction Apple is taking, just ask Gary and the Surströmming-eating Dane.

Sarcasm noted... :)

Lloyd Parsons
You are certainly welcome to your opinion about that, but I don't share that opinion. And the only opinion that counts for me is mine! :)

There is a quote around that's been credited to Johnny Ive. Don't Know if he actually did say it or if it was just something penned by Some troll along the way.

"If you don't like what we are doing, move to Windows"

I'm taking that advice.

Nashton
I'm old enough to read between the lines. It's not just about look and feel, is it, Lloyd? Its the value perspective, the shitty state of iCloud, the premium one has to pay to join the Apple club and the endless updates and new "features", for the most part, utterly useless, other than for the purpose of bragging rights, to the vast majority of users. It's the ultra-closed garden, Apple's transformation into a cash hording entity and the list goes on...

There is no premium to join the Apple club since all the hardware resells after a few years for significant %'s of the new price.

And I actually like the ecosystem. If MS hadn't come as far as they have in their ecosystem, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's just a never-ending headache, isn't it, Lloyd? I've known you long enough to know that you don't like spending money. I am also quite sure that you bought into the Mac hype when their hardware was actually better and actually *did* last longer than the mediocre crap they're pushing now, hence the fact that you bought Macs thinking you were getting a better deal. Now you're switching sides for the exact same reasons, aren't you? ;) Come on Lloyd, be honest and spill the beans!

Since I bought a Surface Pro, which isn't cheap, and an HP all-in-one that isn't cheap, I don't know where the cost factor you blather about is coming from.

IF you buy the best or nearly so in either world, the cost is going to be higher than the el-cheapo prices usually dragged out of the closet by the trolls.

I will say that even though Apple is changing the iCloud pricing structure when Yosemite and iOS8 ship, it isn't any better than the Office365 Home Premium subscription, nor is it cheaper.

-- Lloyd

Nashton (1d, 9h & 23m) > Lloyd Parsons