Re: Another step towards Wi...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromNashton
Date09/02/2014 17:54 (09/02/2014 12:54)
Message-ID<lu4p73$ujd$1@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsLloyd Parsons

On 2014-09-02 12:48 PM, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
On 2 Sep 2014 12:34, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 2014-09-01 11:00 PM, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons

Nashton
On 2014-08-31 1:02 PM, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons

Nashton
On 2014-08-29 5:28 PM, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
I will say that even though Apple is changing the iCloud pricing structure when Yosemite and iOS8 ship, it isn't any better than the Office365 Home Premium subscription, nor is it cheaper.

Nashton
You need to take a look at Dropbox. They are up to 1 TB for the same price MS and Apple charge for their cloud sevices.

Lloyd Parsons
1TB of space at dropbox is $9.99/month, same as MS'. Plus with MS I get the full office suite. And since I buy the MS plan for a discount And only pay $70/year, it is quite a bit cheaper to stay with MS's.

Nashton
Wasn't aware that MS upped it to 1TB, that's great!

Lloyd Parsons
They did that last month. Still had the 2Gb file size limit, but they are upping that too though no one is saying by how much, or at least they haven't yet.

Do you have WP8.1 yet on your phone? If not, you're gonna love it!!

Yes, I do, the Cyan update. Both on mine and my significant other's. I love how I can make the icons smaller.

I really like that I can and have changed my lock screen to show me the weather when I turn it on. And with transparent tiles and a good background, you get a lot of 'pop' on the start screen.

I know, it's neat.

The HTC M8 I have has one little issue that seems to be not uncommon among the M8's (including the Android versions), and that is the cell reception is a little weak.

I replaced my original one Sunday and the new one is a little stronger, but not as strong as the Icon's is. I came very close to trading to the Icon because of it, but the only place that I'm bothered at all by it is inside the golf clubhouse. Very weak there, but still works. Data drops to 3G icourse nside the clubhouse, but I don't consider that a big deal as LTE works fine everywhere else.

My Dot Sense case is coming in today and I'm looking forward to getting it. It is one slick case from all the reviews I've read. Would have bought it at the Verizon store, but they wanted $50 for it and Amazon has it for about $27.