Re: mac sales down

-hh
SubjectRe: mac sales down
From-hh
Date05/16/2008 15:41 (05/16/2008 06:41)
Message-ID<91d2085c-ed39-4942-9ee9-51c645684646@b64g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsSteve de Mena (3h & 15m) > -hh
Mitch (16h & 37m) > -hh

Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
=A0Steve de Mena <st...@stevedemena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
-hh wrote:

Freshly minted sockpuppet "Glorb" <Gl...@orb.com> Gosh, we're still under 40GB used.

Need I continue?

My Pictures folder is 40.5 GB System folder is 4GB Library folder is 104 GB Music volume is 1.9 TB

Steve

Alan Baker
And you are obviously not a typical home user.

Few USENT posters are.

Steve, how about a breakdown as to what's in that huge Library folder of yours?

FWIW, I do recognize that emailing around large attachments can start to suck up storage (/Library/Mail Attachments), but that sort of task is the classical domain of a **work** user and stuff like Powerpoint charts, which is not the domain of a typical home user. Even then, we're still talking about an area with fairly significant variability (based on duties), and in at least some environments, a "heavy" email user will be pushing <10GB/year. As such, having 100GB stored represents well over 10 years worth of email, since file size and bandwidth consumption from 5-10 years ago weren't close to what they are today.

-hh

Steve de Mena (3h & 15m) > -hh
Mitch (16h & 37m) > -hh