Re: mac sales down

Steve de Mena
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromSteve de Mena
Date05/23/2008 08:07 (05/22/2008 23:07)
Message-ID<bcqdnYm-gte2wqvVnZ2dnUVZ_jadnZ2d@giganews.com>
FollowsGeorge Graves

George Graves wrote:

George Graves
Uh, Edwin, many surveys on computer use have been conducted. The conclusions of all of them (including my informal one) is that: 1) Most computer users (especially people over 40) hardly know how to turn their computers on, much less use them for sophisticated tasks. 2) The largest computer usage by far is E-mail, the second largest is web use and a very distant third is WP or home finances. Everything else is down in the noise. That should be readily apparent to even the most casual observer, or conversely, even to an idiot like you.

I think young people use Instant Messaging and SMS messages in the way we would use Email.

Steve