Re: mac sales down

Mayor Of R'lyeh
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromMayor Of R'lyeh
Date05/16/2008 07:50 (05/16/2008 01:50)
Message-ID<p08q245cpl0e3d4202rluj5bnlbo97ksh0@4ax.com>
FollowsZnU
FollowupsZnU (1h & 49m)

On Fri, 16 May 2008 01:03:31 -0400, ZnU <znu@fake.invalid>wrote:

ZnU
In article <9vbn24hgijvrrrjn5oncad6vk4tbmkkled@4ax.com>, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com>wrote:

Mayor Of R'lyeh
On Tue, 13 May 2008 00:58:50 -0400, ZnU <znu@fake.invalid>wrote:

ZnU
[snip]

Apple could make the thing a fair bit cheaper by just making it a bit larger, so it wouldn't have to use laptop RAM and optical & hard drives.

Mayor Of R'lyeh
The 'parts are expensive' excuse for Apple's pricing has been blown out of the water more times than the French Navy. Its especially hard to justify this now that everybody uses the same parts. There are PC laptops with similar features to the Mini for less money which makes your argument obviously not true.

ZnU
As I said, the Mac mini is not particularly competitive at the moment because it hasn't been refreshed in a long time.

It won't matter if they stuff the latest and greatest in it tomorrow so long as they price it several hundred dollars above what a comparable PC can be had for. That's my point. Its not the raw dollar amount or the specs. Its the combination of the two that leads to value.

[snip]

ZnU (1h & 49m)