Re: mac sales down

George Graves
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromGeorge Graves
Date05/12/2008 01:34 (05/11/2008 16:34)
Message-ID<0001HW.C44CD08D00077EF6F01846D8@news.comcast.net>
FollowsJohn Slade
FollowupsChance Furlong (1h & 1m) > George Graves

On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:47:05 -0700, John Slade wrote (in article <GHKVj.2487$ah4.231@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>):

John Slade
"weedhopper" <wendelhopper@comcast.net>wrote in message news:mlFUj.541$C8.526@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

weedhopper
I don't know if I really want to buy a new Mac now. With all the lies and bashing the Mac Zealots seem to constantly do - is it worth it?

Market share facts from the new Mac Zealot Bible;

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10&qpmr=24&qpdt=1&qpct=3&q pcal=1&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=110

March 7.48% April 7.38%

John Slade
The reason why OS X market share will remain small is becaue Apple only wants to make it for a tiny segment of the computer market. That being the Mac. If it was available to every other PC, it might catch on and more companies would write software for it. As it is now, it's just a niche OS.

John

Pretty healthy niche. I'm personally glad. I wouldn't want to see Macs with more than 10% of the US market - EVER. If they got bigger, they would be a bigger target for malware and would be in danger of becoming like Microsoft, and the gods forbid that should happen.