Re: mac sales down

George Graves
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromGeorge Graves
Date05/12/2008 07:58 (05/11/2008 22:58)
Message-ID<0001HW.C44D2A95001C994FF01846D8@news.comcast.net>
FollowsWarchild

On Sun, 11 May 2008 21:12:47 -0700, Warchild wrote (in article <bob-EF40B3.22124711052008@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>):

Warchild
In article <0001HW.C44D0DF60015E3ECF01846D8@news.comcast.net>, George Graves <gmgraves2@comcast.net>wrote:

George Graves
On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:03:34 -0700, ZnU wrote (in article <znu-E09115.23033411052008@news.individual.net>):

ZnU
In article <GHKVj.2487$ah4.231@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>, "John Slade" <hhitman86@pacbell.net>wrote:

John Slade
"weedhopper" <wendelhopper@comcast.net>wrote in message news:mlFUj.541$C8.526@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

weedhopper
I don't know if I really want to buy a new Mac now. With all the lies and bashing the Mac Zealots seem to constantly do - is it worth it?

Market share facts from the new Mac Zealot Bible;

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid&qpmr$&qpdt=1&qpct>>>>>3 & q pcal=1&qptimeframe=M&qpsp0

March 7.48% April 7.38%

John Slade
The reason why OS X market share will remain small is becaue Apple only wants to make it for a tiny segment of the computer market. That being the Mac. If it was available to every other PC, it might catch on and more companies would write software for it. As it is now, it's just a niche OS.

ZnU
I've asked this question quite a lot previously, but I'll ask it again:

Precisely what is supposed to be so much more compelling about OS X on, for instance, a Dell, vs. OS X on a Mac?

George Graves
Because Winboxes are CHEAPER than Macs, perhaps?

Warchild
That old horseshoe has been disproved time and time again.

That's ridiculous. Show me $400 Mac with a greater that 2 Gigaherz Dual Core Duo processor, half a Terrabyte, 4 Gigs of memory, a dual-layer DVD burner and high-performance graphics. Yet our Windroid friends bring up Windows deals like this all the time. I wouldn't buy one, you wouldn't buy one (even if it did install and run OSX perfectly), but then we aren't these cheapskate Winmorons we have to put up with here. People who buy the cheapest of everything and find it adequate. But those are the ones who insist that they can get a lot more for their money when they buy generic Winjunk and that they'd change to OSX if it would install on these cheap Widows junkers.