Re: mac sales down

weedhopper
SubjectRe: mac sales down
Fromweedhopper
Date05/12/2008 16:59 (05/12/2008 10:59)
Message-ID<rWYVj.3218$255.2660@bignews8.bellsouth.net>
FollowsSteve Carroll

"Steve Carroll" <trollkiller@TK.com>wrote in message news:trollkiller-4CE796.06595912052008@newsgroups.comcast.net...

Steve Carroll
In article <znu-E09115.23033411052008@news.individual.net>, ZnU <znu@fake.invalid>wrote:

ZnU
In article <GHKVj.2487$ah4.231@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>, "John Slade" <hhitman86@pacbell.net>wrote:

John Slade
"weedhopper" <wendelhopper@comcast.net>wrote in message news:mlFUj.541$C8.526@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

weedhopper
I don't know if I really want to buy a new Mac now. With all the lies and bashing the Mac Zealots seem to constantly do - is it worth it?

Market share facts from the new Mac Zealot Bible;

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10&qpmr=24&qpdt=1&qpct=3 &q pcal=1&qptimeframe=M&qpsp=110

March 7.48% April 7.38%

John Slade
The reason why OS X market share will remain small is becaue Apple only wants to make it for a tiny segment of the computer market. That being the Mac. If it was available to every other PC, it might catch on and more companies would write software for it. As it is now, it's just a niche OS.

ZnU
I've asked this question quite a lot previously, but I'll ask it again:

Precisely what is supposed to be so much more compelling about OS X on, for instance, a Dell, vs. OS X on a Mac?

Steve Carroll
Besides the already mentioned lowered cost for hardware, the fact that you likely already own a Dell (or other non-Apple PC) is pretty compelling. If Apple released OSX for all these other PCs they would sell more OS units... at the cost of hardware sales.

Exactly - and that would send them down the tubes.