Re: mac sales down

Steve de Mena
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromSteve de Mena
Date05/16/2008 06:19 (05/15/2008 21:19)
Message-ID<wumdnbEJz47-lrDVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@giganews.com>
Follows-hh
FollowupsAlan Baker (4m)

-hh wrote:

-hh
Freshly minted sockpuppet "Glorb" <Gl...@orb.com>wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
Glorb <Gl...@orb.com>wrote:

George Graves wrote:

George Graves
People who "don't do much with a computer" happens to define the huge majority of non-corporate computer use and not a small percentage of corporate use. Fact is, most people do E-mail, web browsing, music, You-Tube, manage their digital pictures and little else with their computers. A Mac Mini is more than adequate for all of those.

Says the man who doesn't use a Mac Mini. A 120 GB HD is adequate for music, pictures and movies? Pul-lease! That's a bad joke. The RAM and VRAM are even worse jokes.

Alan Baker
120 GB is plenty for lots of of folks, Edwin. I admit, I don't have the largest iPhoto library at only 1400 photos, but if I had 5 times as many, it would still only occupy about one sixth of a 120GB drive.

-hh
A typical ~8MP JPG is 2.5MB, so a photo directory of 10,000 images is only 25GB on average.

For music, 5 *days* worth of iTunes will suck down a whopping 10GB.

System folder...another 2GB.

Gosh, we're still under 40GB used.

Need I continue?

My Pictures folder is 40.5 GB System folder is 4GB Library folder is 104 GB Music volume is 1.9 TB

Steve