Re: mac sales down

ZnU
SubjectRe: mac sales down
FromZnU
Date05/14/2008 21:09 (05/14/2008 15:09)
Message-ID<znu-A4526E.15093114052008@news.individual.net>
FollowsWayne Stuart

In article <1igwj73.d9pl11afa90iN%me4@privacy.net>, me4@privacy.net (Wayne Stuart) wrote:

Wayne Stuart
ZnU <znu@fake.invalid>wrote:

ZnU
In article <r81i2493mg7ii0vqdtv8m1o2k08vko0vnp@4ax.com>, Mayor of R'lyeh <mayor.of.rlyeh@gmail.com>wrote:

(Though it's also worth noting the Mac mini hasn't seen an update in something like nine months -- it'll probably be much more competitive after the next update. Though that will probably take the form of better specs at the same price points. Unless it has been so long since the last update because Apple is up to something....)

Wayne Stuart
Maybe if the Mini had been a bigger seller, Apple would have put more effort into keeping it fresh. But everything I've seen points to the Mini has always been considerably outsold by the much more expensive iMac.

You also have to wonder if this has been sending a message that people aren't particularly interested in cheap Macs, so no point making an even cheaper one.

I think this used to be true, and maybe still is, a bit, but as Apple begins to get more attention from people outside the Mac's traditional base (which has only recently shown signs of happening in a serious way), it becomes less and less true.

-- "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming out any other way." ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? --George W. Bush in Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007