Re: nospam still hiding in ...

nospam
SubjectRe: nospam still hiding in the tall grass (was: The closest we'll get to nospam admitting to an erro
Fromnospam
Date01/30/2016 03:07 (01/29/2016 21:07)
Message-ID<290120162107069171%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <8u5oabt8cso9ro07o6q13acchab9shv44g@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

nospam
kodak filed for bankruptcy. saying film is dead is not wrong.

Whisky-dave
Doesn't make it dead, just less used than it was. The word dead has particualar uses perhaps you need to find a more apt word for film than dead.

nospam
it's an expression. only an idiot would take it literally.

Whisky-dave
Only a moron woud use the word dead to decribe such a thing.

nospam
it's common usage.

<http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10864034/windows-phone-is-dead> With a lack of hardware, lack of sales, and less than 2 percent market share, it's time to call it: Windows Phone is dead.

<http://www.infoworld.com/article/3002663/blackberry/let-us-now-finally- bury-the-blackberry.html> Can we all finally admit that BlackBerry is dead as a smartphone maker? Every one of its savior devices -- the BlackBerry Z10, Q10, Passport, Classic, and now Priv -- has been a failure.

<http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105381722> Analog TV Is Dead. Is Broadcast TV Dying?

Tony Cooper
Your quotes don't support your position.

yes they do.

Unlike your examples, film photography and vinyl records still have an enthusiastic - albeit small - fan base and new people are joining them.

new people bought 4.5 million windows phones last quarter.

blackberry priv didn't do quite as well, selling only 50k units.

analog tvs still work, either with a digital converter box or connected to a vcr. you can still buy them used.

none are zero, but they all are considered to be dead.