Re: ISO value names are bec...

PeterN
SubjectRe: ISO value names are becoming ridiculous
FromPeterN
Date01/07/2016 06:24 (01/07/2016 00:24)
Message-ID<n6ksum02qto@news6.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (26m) > PeterN

On 1/7/2016 12:08 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <n6kr2r02q6b@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.new@verizon.net>wrote:

Peter Irwin
There were some leaf-shutter cameras which had an exposure value lock so that changing either speed or aperture would change both at once.

nospam
cameras today easily do that, and have for years.

PeterN
I wonder how many serious amateurs have used that feature, except when using auto ISO.

nospam
probably most, if not all of them.

anyone who uses p/s/a modes did.

PeterN
Nope. Most that I know and shoot with use either aperture preferred, shutter preferred, or manual. They rarely use program mode.

nospam
then it's good thing i listed s and a, isn't it?

Not always. you obviously don't use auto ISO much. It also wont make a compensatory adjustment if you change the ISO. My salient point is that program mode is not often used by advanced photographers. All else is nitpicking on your part.

the point that you obviously missed is that in any of those modes, adjusting either the f/stop or shutter speed, will automatically adjust the other to compensate.

in manual mode, it won't. that's why it's called manual mode.

PeterN
The choice depends upon the subject matter and desired image. If you want to shoot program mode, that;s your choice.

nospam
you don't say.

-- PeterN

nospam (26m) > PeterN