Re: ISO value names are bec...

philo
SubjectRe: ISO value names are becoming ridiculous
Fromphilo
Date01/06/2016 16:57 (01/06/2016 09:57)
Message-ID<n6jdck$8rg$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsWhisky-dave
Followupsnospam (23m)

On 01/06/2016 08:04 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Whisky-dave
On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 13:31:32 UTC, android wrote:

android
android <here@there.was>Wrote in message:

trolling tone <az@anyad.org>Wrote in message:

trolling tone
On 06.01.2016 13:21, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
So with the D5, it can boost its ISO to ISO 3,280,000, and suddenly how ISO is named is becoming just stupid. We should use EV steps instead:

ISO 50 : ISO EV-1 ISO 100 : ISO EV 0 ISO 200 : ISO EV+1

<snip>

ISO values are logarithmic and when in the days of film I doubt if anyone realized how high the values could get once there were digital cameras. A linear system would now make more sense

nospam (23m)