Re: nospam still hiding in ...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: nospam still hiding in the tall grass (was: The closest we'll get to nospam admitting to an erro
FromTony Cooper
Date01/27/2016 03:52 (01/26/2016 21:52)
Message-ID<l5bgabtvkrqv2aamki0o78lj4pk9tq1fjv@4ax.com>
Followsnospam

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:33:45 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <m3qfab9jle5oeatr2o7frd0t0hu8jeh73k@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:17:56 -0500, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <sandman-f12291747b5170bad43609414f0728c1@individual.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

i told you a reply is forthcoming and it is. the more you act like an asshole, the longer you are going wait.

Sandman
Only, I'm not waiting - I *know* there will never be an answer. And I just find it funny to rub your nose in it.

nospam
you *hope* i don't answer. you have no way to know what i will or will not do.

Sandman
This is what you do - *ALWAYS*. There has been many many MANY threads where you have been proven 100% incorrect and your only course of action has been to abandon the thread. At no point have you ever gone "Oh right, I didn't think about that and got things mixed up, sorry about that".

nospam
nope.

there have been threads where people twist what i write into something i did't say and argue against that, or they take things out of context or they find a lone exception, thinking it disproves something, but it doesn't. they also turn it into a bash session rather than discuss the actual topic.

Tony Cooper
You seem to be the only person in this group who constantly says things that people twist, take out of context, find lone exceptions to, and get bashed repeatedly. Tell you anything?

nospam
it tells me that people like you argue for the sake of arguing.

they're focused on irrelevant things such as word usage or that i choose to not capitalize rather than the actual topic. they don't provide actual facts, they just say "you're wrong", expecting that is all it takes. laughable.

So says the person I've dubbed the "The King of Non-Answers" because he so often writes "nope" without any supporting facts.

i've said film is dead. you've said no, it's not dead, film is still sold, therefore i'm wrong. something doesn't have to drop to zero to be considered dead. film sales are a tiny fraction of what they once were. kodak filed for bankruptcy. saying film is dead is not wrong.

Film is now in the purview of a small group of dedicated shooters. It's not dead, but not thriving by any means.

i've said vinyl records cannot beat digital audio and film cannot beat digital photography and people start arguing that some people like vinyl records and some movie producers still use film. one has nothing to do with the other. people can like vinyl and film all they want but it's a mathematical impossibility for vinyl or film to beat their digital counterparts. it's simply not possible.

Two new stores recently opened in Orlando that specialize in vinyl records.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/consumer/os-restaurant-retail-0124-20160122-story.html

I recently noticed that Barnes & Noble bookstore in my neighborhood now has a center aisle display of 33 1/3 vinyl albums.

There are people that are drawn to film cameras and people who are drawn to vinyl records. Both are small markets, but both have dedicated followers.

An acquaintance of mine, Peter Schreyer, teaches several courses in black and white photography using film cameras at Crealdé School of Art in Winter Park (a suburb of Orlando). The courses are $230 for once-a-week classes for the three month term.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida