Re: An embedded "@" makes i...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: An embedded "@" makes it a broken email
FromAlan Baker
Date03/13/2013 19:35 (03/13/2013 11:35)
Message-ID<alangbaker-A1940B.11354213032013@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsFlint

In article <khqbif$lam$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
On 3/12/2013 9:01 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kho9fj$31k$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
Wrong, Ailin Bellyacher . An embedded "@" makes it a broken email link, moron. Just because you fangurlz expect the rest of the world's usenet newsreader software to follow some non-standard MT-Newswatcher convention for creating broken links, don't assume such links are proper.

Alan Baker
I can't resist:

2.1.5. Message-ID

The "Message-ID" line gives the message a unique identifier. The Message-ID may not be reused during the lifetime of any previous message with the same Message-ID. (It is recommended that no Message-ID be reused for at least two years.) Message-ID's have the syntax:

<string not containing blank or ">">

In order to conform to RFC-822, the Message-ID must have the format:

<unique@full_domain_name>

where full_domain_name is the full name of the host at which the message entered the network, including a domain that host is in, and unique is any string of printing ASCII characters, not including "<" (left angle bracket), ">" (right angle bracket), or "@" (at sign).

<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1036>

Flint
Yes, we see you can't resist creaming your jeans. You're too dense to see I was simply playing with Sandflea, or just stubbornly getting intention obtuse and literal on me. Not to mention you seem to suffer from the same verbosity disease a certain poster has around here.

(Let's see if he pops out of the woodwork to chime it in 3, 2, 1...)

You're still going with the "I meant to do that defense"!

That's so cute!

-)

-- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."