Re: An embedded "@" makes i...

Flint
SubjectRe: An embedded "@" makes it a broken email
FromFlint
Date03/13/2013 18:05 (03/13/2013 13:05)
Message-ID<khqbif$lam$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsAlan Baker (1h & 29m)
Sandman (16h & 54m) > Flint

On 3/12/2013 9:01 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kho9fj$31k$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
Wrong, Ailin Bellyacher . An embedded "@" makes it a broken email link, moron. Just because you fangurlz expect the rest of the world's usenet newsreader software to follow some non-standard MT-Newswatcher convention for creating broken links, don't assume such links are proper.

Alan Baker
I can't resist:

2.1.5. Message-ID

The "Message-ID" line gives the message a unique identifier. The Message-ID may not be reused during the lifetime of any previous message with the same Message-ID. (It is recommended that no Message-ID be reused for at least two years.) Message-ID's have the syntax:

<string not containing blank or ">">

In order to conform to RFC-822, the Message-ID must have the format:

<unique@full_domain_name>

where full_domain_name is the full name of the host at which the message entered the network, including a domain that host is in, and unique is any string of printing ASCII characters, not including "<" (left angle bracket), ">" (right angle bracket), or "@" (at sign).

<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1036>

Yes, we see you can't resist creaming your jeans. You're too dense to see I was simply playing with Sandflea, or just stubbornly getting intention obtuse and literal on me. Not to mention you seem to suffer from the same verbosity disease a certain poster has around here.

(Let's see if he pops out of the woodwork to chime it in 3, 2, 1...)

-- MFB

Alan Baker (1h & 29m)
Sandman (16h & 54m) > Flint