Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

ed
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
Fromed
Date08/22/2012 19:33 (08/22/2012 10:33)
Message-ID<73acc076-0687-4baa-a71d-8bd2fe8ab8e8@googlegroups.com>
FollowupsSandman (14h & 33m) > ed

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:07:39 AM UTC-7, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <e8df5460-f7ec-4787-b471-3d7565f66214@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote: Get yourself a decent news client will you?

Unfortunately, probably not. not for a while any way. My isp dropped usenet= a bit back, and and I've used google groups almost exclusively since. When= google groups works well, everything's good, but when they don't, they're = not. Usenet isn't important enough to me to pay for a provider, and and the= free servers have either been too unreliable for me.

Worst. Outline. Ever.

=20

Download from where? URL? Click on the file? Double click? Am I doing this on my computer? How=

=20

do I click on it on my Android phone? How do I click on it on my phon=

e?

=20

ed
You'll par do me for not taking you seriously while you quibble over ho=

w to=20

click, while taking no issues with let's outline (with doozies like a d=

B=20

push...)

Sandman
=20 That's the point. That list was used by KDT as a point on how *hard*=20 it is to install Flash on an Android phone. Any more points (like=20 having to install the Android SDK) would just add more point and=20 amplify the point he was trying to make. =20 YOU responded by saying that you're using the "easy way", which=20 implies one does not have to be a seasoned Android developer to employ=20 it. And then you're very muddy about just how it is done.=20

there's nothing muddy about it. download and install. any number of rando= m dumbasses online can do that, so i have a hard time imagining that you're= really having issues with the description. =20

A request of=20 an outline for this supposedly "easy" way would be for the benefit of=20 someone who isn't a Android developer or Android "hacker". I.e. a=20 regular user. Because of your "easy" way doesn't cater to the regular=20 user - i.e. is too hard for them, then it's not really a relevant=20 input to the topic.

you requested an outline. not a step by step for a beginner. quite a bit = different. not to mention that i figured kdt and you would be able to figu= re out download and click to install, but to my surprise, that was not the = case for you.

ed
On the off chance you're not just troll in, I'm running g this:

Sandman
=20 What the fuck is wrong with your posts?=20

google groups has been all jacked for a few weeks. includes an extra blank= between every line, and the javascript seems to be causing the cursor to j= ump here and there occasionally. this has been an issue on windows, os x, = and android for me. coupled with some posts from a virtual keyboard with a= uto "correct", and the results aren't pretty at times. :D

How come others are able to=20 post via Google and not sound like they're typing sitting on a washing=20 machine.

i have no idea.

ed
http://www.atwistedweb.com/tmp/Hulified_v11.0.1.153_bilago.apk

Sandman
=20 Wtf? That's the same domain that you're posting from (i.e. your email=20 address).=20

yeah, strangely i can put up files for people to download there if i want. = ;D

Are you the one making available hacked versions of Flash?=20

nope, but it's the one i have installed and handy, so i could just post it = up quicker than searching for it. =20

How do I know if this is the latest version?=20

it's not. =20

How do I know it's not=20 infected with a virus or something?=20

you probably don't.

Where would my sister or my father =20 download this from in an easy way? From you? This just seems very odd.

they could do a google search for flash for hulu on android or some such i = suppose. =20

ed
Download and run from your phone, as I'm sure you know.

Sandman
=20 I don't. I don't know how I "run" things on my Nexus. I don't have it=20 at home, so I'll email that link to me so I can try clicking on it=20 tomorrow. I'll report back on it. You'll have to add the means on how=20 to procure this URL to your list, though. Or a valid URL.=20

what's wrong with the url above?

So you're up to three steps from the 10 steps in the "hard way" but=

=20

=20

some crucial parts are missing in your outline. I am sitting here wit=

h=20

my Nexus. I can't follow along at all here.

=20

ed
You asked for an outline. Not detailed instructions which include how t=

click, as if you don't know what I mean.=20

Sandman
=20 I know how to "click" links on an Android phone. I have no idea how to=20 click files.=20

when you finish a download, it's in the notification area. click on it the= re. if that's been dismissed, open up your app drawer and look in download= s. have you not downloaded anything on your galaxy tab or nexus?

these complaints are all pretty ridiculous, especially coming from someone = who described the ease of jailbreaking the iphone as "Jailbraking it takes = one click and you're done. It's as easy as using your mouse and index finge= r. Stop whining and just do it."=20

no url, no description on how to click, or anything else. jeebus man, what= 's a person to do. ;D

Sandman (14h & 33m) > ed