Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

Steve de Mena
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
FromSteve de Mena
Date08/21/2012 09:30 (08/21/2012 00:30)
Message-ID<4uadncootLG1pK7NnZ2dnUVZ5uWdnZ2d@giganews.com>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsSandman (30m)
KDT (8h & 51m)

On 8/18/12 8:33 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <lPmdnVj648gtPLLNnZ2dnUVZ_q6dnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 8/15/12 11:56 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
...and you trolls were all wrong!

<http://www.webmonkey.com/2012/08/no-more-flash-for-android/>

Steve de Mena
Phone makers and/or Adobe are doing a real disservice to their customers by not making Flash available.

Alan Baker
Actually, I think they're doing their customers a service by forcing sites to provide content that isn't in a proprietary format.

Steve de Mena
It's an integral part of many of today's web sites, which are rendered (or should I say NOT rendered) useless without Flash.

Alan Baker
No. It is NOT an INTEGRAL part of many websites, Steve. Integral implies that there is no other way to deliver the same content.

How long has the iPhone been out now? 4 years?

Seems a lot of sites haven't gotten the memo that they're being forced "to provide content that isn't in a proprietary format." Daily I read my Twitter feed and I see links to video stories that I can not play on my iPhone.

Is this sort of like the US's embargo against Cuba?

Steve

Sandman (30m)
KDT (8h & 51m)