Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

Sandman
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
Message-ID<mr-68C466.08184324082012@News.Individual.NET>
FollowsLaszlo Lebrun
FollowupsLaszlo Lebrun (1h & 22m) > Sandman

In article <k175jk$l3o$1@tota-refugium.de>, Laszlo Lebrun <lazlo_lebrun@laszlomail.com>wrote:

Sandman
That's the reason why they're not buying a new PHONE. Google and the handset makers lock them in to the version that is on their phone. They can't do anything but buy a new phone. Locked tight!

Lewis
But Android is OPEN!

Laszlo Lebrun
It will probably take only weeks once the cutoff from Adobe is really impacting the users and the community will feed a grey Flash for Androids >4.1.

Cool. so alongside Adobes desktop development, someone will actually develop a mobile plugin that matches the features of the desktop plugin. What kind of release schedule will they have? When Adobe releases Flash 12 or 13 - how many days or weeks would you expect to wait until the corresponding version 12 and 13 is available for Android?

Oh, and how it is installed. A fellow Android fanboy of yours just gave me an outline that disabled Flash on my Android rather than installing a "grey Flash". Go figure!

On that note - where is "Cydia" for Android? Or something of the same kind. I.e. a repository of apps that are one-click installable and contain items not found, or no longer found, in Google Play?

CAdia exists, but doesn't really seem to do anything other than link to websites with other apps.

-- Sandman[.net]

Laszlo Lebrun (1h & 22m) > Sandman