Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
FromAlan Baker
Date08/16/2012 21:53 (08/16/2012 12:53)
Message-ID<alangbaker-A8858A.12534916082012@news.datemas.de>
FollowsJohn Slade
FollowupsSandman (2m)

In article <eL9Xr.78664$yL6.8816@newsfe04.iad>, John Slade <hhitman86@pacbell.net>wrote:

John Slade
On 8/15/2012 1:39 PM, CarpathiaMan wrote:

CarpathiaMan
On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:56:24 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
...and you trolls were all wrong!

<http://www.webmonkey.com/2012/08/no-more-flash-for-android/>

CarpathiaMan
What do you think this means exactly? Is the Web as a whole going to try to be pushed into being HTML5 as much as possible, or some other kind of equivalent technology?

And me who just bought an Android tablet.

John Slade
This is about the official version of mobile Flash and Flash on the Android Store. This is not the end of Flash on tablets and smartphones. Since more smartphones with capabilities that almost match full fledged computers the need for a mobile version of Flash will disappear.

John

With what operating systems, John?

What OS will those "smartphones with capabilities that almost match full fledged computers" magically be running an OS for which there is a version of Flash that isn't iOS, isn't whatever Microsoft ends up calling Metro, and now won't be Android?

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook