Re: I've seen LOTR

Rimrunner
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromRimrunner
Date01/28/2002 20:06 (01/28/2002 19:06)
Message-ID<slrna5b896.44c.rimrun@drizzle.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsOliver J. Hanau
FollowupsBill Anderson (3h & 25m) > Rimrunner

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:20:39 +0100, Oliver J. Hanau <ojh@gmx.net>wrote:

Oliver J. Hanau
Rimrunner wrote:

Rimrunner
Yeah, and most of [the TPM score] was re-arranged versions of music he composed 20 years ago.

Oliver J. Hanau
Now, that's just not true. Even if you count Anakin's Theme (which is only composed to end similar to part of Vader's Theme), it's only about five to ten minutes out of 120. And a lot of the new stuff is quite brilliant.

Yeah, yeah, all right, I was being snarky. In fact I'd go so far as to say that the tPM score is a well-done and musically mature piece of work--as you might expect, given how long Williams has been at this.

But a masterpiece?

-g, er. -- WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html "An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee