Re: I've seen LOTR

Jostein Hakestad
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromJostein Hakestad
Date01/26/2002 14:01 (01/26/2002 14:01)
Message-ID<3C52A8BA.DB46DB0C@online.no>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsOliver J. Hanau
FollowupsOliver J. Hanau (22h & 5m) > Jostein Hakestad

"Oliver J. Hanau" wrote:

Oliver J. Hanau
"Laden with choruses?" Watch "Crimson Tide" or "The Peacemaker" or almost anything else by my dear compatriot Hans Zimmer and then come back to talk about laden with choruses.

Well said.

Loveitloveitloveitloveit. I think I played it more often already than the TPM score. Heck, I'll put it on right now.

LOTR isn't better than TPM, they're both very good. I don't even WANT to compare them.

A while ago, it occurred to me to think of Shore's score in terms of the original, incomplete release of the ANH score. The thought of a a two-CD LotR:FotR score with four more CDs further developing some of the themes made me weak at the knees. And I never liked Shore much before this. I sorta enjoyed his "The Cell" score but that went a completely different way.

I don't hear much material in the score that would be worth putting on an "expanded" disc. Maybe 20 minutes or so? The main title would be cool to have, because it uses the theme from "The Great River", and also the cue where Bilbo uses the ring, is excellent.

But other than that, the CD is a good representation of the score, don't you think?

-- Jostein H