Re: I've seen LOTR

C'Pi
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromC'Pi
Date01/23/2002 06:03 (01/23/2002 13:03)
Message-ID<a2lg6g$1206ab$1@ID-111793.news.dfncis.de>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsDaniel Olin Miller
FollowupsRimrunner (24m)

"Daniel Olin Miller" <dmille15@ecn.purdue.edu>wrote in message news:Pine.GSO.4.33.0201222345310.5616-100000@roger.ecn.purdue.edu...

Daniel Olin Miller
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, C'Pi wrote:

C'Pi
"Rimrunner" <rimrun@NOSPAMdrizzle.com>wrote in message news:slrna4rfsl.j8n.rimrun@drizzle.com...

Rimrunner
(Btw, C'Pi? Do you guys get an overabundance of advertising and

previews

over your way? There you go, then. I could come into a movie in

Seattle 20

minutes late and the feature still wouldn't have started. Except I

keep

going to movies where you have to arrive early to get a good seat. And Seattle is reputed to have more before-movie ads than most markets,

for

that matter.)

C'Pi
Well there was the national anthem and a few commercials and then

previews.

And it probably got out a few minutes earlier than I thought.

Daniel Olin Miller
National anthem? At a movie? Are you serious?

When I first came to Taiwan some 13 years ago they would play the national anthem before every movie and you had to stand up while it was playing. Now they don't play it anymore before movies. But for some reason they played it before LOTR. It seamed more like a commercial and people just ignored it, milling around looking for their seats and munching on popcorn.

C'Pi

Dam' furriners with their twee customs.

Daniel O. "la-and of the free - PLAY BALL!!!" Miller