Re: I've seen LOTR

Rimrunner
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromRimrunner
Date01/24/2002 01:18 (01/24/2002 00:18)
Message-ID<slrna4ukne.1m3.rimrun@drizzle.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsCelaeno

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:04:24 GMT, Celaeno <celaeno@shavenwookie.nospam.com>wrote:

Celaeno
You will not evade me, rimrun@NOSPAMdrizzle.com (Rimrunner):

Rimrunner
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:07:37 GMT, Galactic Boobies <jade300@my-deja.com>wrote:

Galactic Boobies
"Rimrunner" <rimrun@NOSPAMdrizzle.com>wrote in message news:slrna4rfsl.j8n.rimrun@drizzle.com...

Rimrunner
and the most reminders to turn off cell phones, probably

Galactic Boobies
Do you heed their warnings?

Rimrunner
I don't take my cellphone into theaters at all. I have this horrible fear that I'll sit on it, or something, in just the right way to push the power button, and it'll turn in without my knowing it and someone will call me at the most silently dramatic moment of the film.

Celaeno
That happened during the first screening of LotR I saw. During one of the more sad and quiet scenes towards the end, a cellphone went off. Luckily, the owner just turned the thing off rather than talk.

Yeah, also happened at one of the CTHD shows I went to; someone's phone rang during the death scene. He just about got lynched.

I dunno what it is about theaters around here. People at the downtown theaters and in the art-house cinemas are generally well-behaved, but the closer to the 'burbs you get, the worse people are. I remember one movie I went to where about a dozen kids kept talking through the whole movie, even after the usher told them to be quiet. Why they weren't thrown out, I don't know; the theater lost more revenue in free passes that day than 12 audience members were worth.

-g, some people's children. honestly. -- WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html "An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee