Re: I've seen LOTR

Rimrunner
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromRimrunner
Date01/21/2002 06:59 (01/21/2002 05:59)
Message-ID<slrna4nbie.h3g.rimrun@drizzle.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsC'Pi

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:59:07 +0800, C'Pi <jas221@yahoo.com>wrote:

[snip]

C'Pi
Gandalf and Bilbo were by far the best characters in the movie. That doesn't mean the others were bad, they just weren't on the same level.

Well, given the performance experience of these two actors in particular, that's sort of to be expected. Though I found Christopher Lee quite stunning; largely for the same reason, I suspect.

That voice...he had, by far, the cheesiest lines in the entire film. "You have chosen the way of [pause so pregnant the baby's gonna drop out on the floor] PAIN!" If anyone else had said that, the audience would've cracked up. Yay Lee.

But I've been a fan of Ian McKellen for years. He makes a perfect Gandalf.

-g, i loved the bit where he was dancing with the hobbits -- WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html "An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee