Re: I've seen LOTR

Rimrunner
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromRimrunner
Date01/21/2002 07:03 (01/21/2002 06:03)
Message-ID<slrna4nbp8.h3g.rimrun@drizzle.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsC'Pi
FollowupsDaniel Olin Miller (3h & 17m) > Rimrunner
C'Pi (8h & 28m) > Rimrunner

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:56:18 +0800, C'Pi <jas221@yahoo.com>wrote:

[snip]

C'Pi
I liked the film and would like to see what the five-hour cut is like. Although I was ready for the film to be over at 3 hours 20 minutes. Maybe we could see more character development in the longer version.

3:20? Dude, the running time's 2 hours 58 minutes.

My only problem with the movie is that I was expecting to see something more than an FX movie and it wasn't.

Couldn't disagree with you more. FX movie, to me, means some mediocrity like "The Mummy Returns" or "The One"--the sort of film where the story seems largely there to provide opportunities for the graphics guys to go nuts. The result is that the FX generally overwhelm the actors. I never had that impression here, even when the actors had to fight FX beasties.

-g, oh, and those nazgul? creeped me out, man. *brrr* -- WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html "An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee