Re: I've seen LOTR

Bill Anderson
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromBill Anderson
Date01/20/2002 16:37 (01/20/2002 10:37)
Message-ID<3C4AE444.65FD5DFE@yahoo.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsC'Pi
FollowupsC'Pi (16m)
Tucci (1h & 11m) > Bill Anderson
ObeeKris (8h & 23m) > Bill Anderson

C'Pi wrote:

C'Pi
Good movie.

Pleasurable to see. Entertaining to watch. All the emotional depth of a wet Kleenex. A very good movie but I think we can drop all this 'greatest movie ever' stuff.

Have you seen any "greatest movie ever stuff" in this newsgroup? If it's been said here, I've either missed it or dismissed it. Still, I can't yet explain the immense attraction LotR holds for me. Maybe I'll come up with something after I've seen it again....

I hope they do The Hobbit. Give me Gandalf and Bilbo and forget everybody else.

Yeah...but throw in Legolas shooting those arrows, and Hobbitkids giggling over fireworks, and Arwen fleeing the ringwraiths, and reely big stone statues, and horses made of water, and Boromir's last words, and second breakfast, and (as you say) Galdalf talking to Frodo about what we do with the time we have, and beds filled with feather pillows, and magical mystical villages that are almost but not quite as enchanting as some in TPM, and the mines of Moria, and lovers in the moonlight, and Sauron swinging that club, and a perfectly-realized Gollum, and the Balrog's whip, and set design filled to overflowing with unexplained but not-insignificant details, and, and, and,....oh, did I mention Legolas shooting those arrows?

Bill Anderson

--- I am the Great Favog