Re: I've seen LOTR

Yngvar Følling
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromYngvar Følling
Date01/24/2002 17:13 (01/24/2002 17:13)
Message-ID<MPG.16ba1a8cf1c5bf689896c9@127.0.0.1>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsRimrunner

In article <slrna4rb40.aa4.rimrun@drizzle.com>, rimrun@NOSPAMdrizzle.com says...

Rimrunner
They'll have to change the structure, for sure. The way Tolkien wrote it, the first half covers the remains of the Fellowship chasing after Merry and Pippin, and the second half covers Frodo and Sam. I think Jackson's going to interweave the two plotlines, so the audience doesn't spend the first hour and a half wondering where Frodo is.

I've thought the same thing. However, that was already what Ralph Bakshi's cartoon did, as far as it went, and that's where that movie really started to fall apart.

Of course, that Bakshi didn't make it, doesn't mean that it can't be done. Still, it really shouldn't cut back and forth too often.

Yngvar