Re: I've seen LOTR

Simon H. Lee
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromSimon H. Lee
Date01/25/2002 06:43 (01/25/2002 06:43)
Message-ID<a2qr8b$bmo$1@news01.cit.cornell.edu>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsRimrunner
FollowupsRimrunner (11h & 21m) > Simon H. Lee

rimrun@NOSPAMdrizzle.com (Rimrunner) choreographed a chorus line of high-kicking electrons to spell out:

Rimrunner
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:03:24 +0800, C'Pi <jas221@yahoo.com>wrote:

[snip]

C'Pi
When I first came to Taiwan some 13 years ago they would play the national anthem before every movie and you had to stand up while it was playing. Now they don't play it anymore before movies. But for some reason they played it before LOTR. It seamed more like a commercial and people just ignored it, milling around looking for their seats and munching on popcorn.

Rimrunner
I'd rather hear the national anthem than some of the crap that gets piped into American theaters.

Ye gods, I really DIDN'T need to hear "Pump Up the Jam" again.

Wild tangent: I just finished a bus trip to New York City. On the way up, the "in-flight" movie was _The Dish_, with Sam Neill and various other Australians. People were generally not paying it a huge amount of attention, but at one point in the movie there's a scene with "Please rise for the national anthem of the United States of America." Then the theme music for Hawaii Five-O plays...

-- __ (-o-) <*>A L L D O N E! B Y E B Y E! (__ * _ _ _ _ __)|| | |(_)| \ "Mmm... unexplained bacon."

Rimrunner (11h & 21m) > Simon H. Lee