Re: I've seen LOTR

Bill Anderson
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromBill Anderson
Date01/21/2002 02:08 (01/20/2002 20:08)
Message-ID<3C4B6A21.55E688C5@yahoo.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsObeeKris
FollowupsDaniel Olin Miller (8h & 7m)

ObeeKris wrote:

ObeeKris
With as much as Frodo is falling down and getting injured and whatnot, it's absolutely amazing that

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Spoiler Space!

he and Sam make it to Mordor and actually destroy the ring. It shows exactly how incredibly lucky they were.

Well, hey, I *might've* forgotten that part.....

I'm looking forward to

YIKES!

the return of Gandalf.

That too.....

I can't wait to see some reactions about it. One of the people here at work has never read the books. She went and saw the movie and we were discussing it one day. She made a comment about how she couldn't believe that Gandalf died. It was all I could do to keep from giggling and going "Guess what? Wanna know something? He's not dead, he's coming back." I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds that out.

Fact is, when I saw the movie the *first* time, someone behind me commented, "I can't believe they killed off the best character of all."

And another fact is, I really had forgotten the details of how Frodo gives up the ring to the fires of Mordor. Not the fact that it happened, but exactly what happened to Frodo. Then some guy at work reminded me, and it seemed like a genuine spoiler.

I think they should have done something to indicate that the movie is going to be continued in "The Two Towers." At least a comment or something right after the shot of Sam and Frodo, but right before the credits. Because I have heard a couple of comments along the lines of "That's it? What happens next?" They should have done something for those who aren't aware that it's the first part of a trilogy.

THE END of Gandalfinger, but Frodo Bond will be back in Towerball.

ObeeKris I don't want to wait another 11 months for "The Two Towers."

I had a good seat and was ready to wait it out, but my friends insisted we leave....

Bill Anderson

-- I am the Great Favog