Re: I've seen LOTR

Rimrunner
SubjectRe: I've seen LOTR
FromRimrunner
Date01/23/2002 06:27 (01/23/2002 05:27)
Message-ID<slrna4sie5.g87.rimrun@drizzle.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsC'Pi
FollowupsDaniel Olin Miller (28m) > Rimrunner
Simon H. Lee (2d & 16m) > Rimrunner

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:03:24 +0800, C'Pi <jas221@yahoo.com>wrote:

[snip]

C'Pi
When I first came to Taiwan some 13 years ago they would play the national anthem before every movie and you had to stand up while it was playing. Now they don't play it anymore before movies. But for some reason they played it before LOTR. It seamed more like a commercial and people just ignored it, milling around looking for their seats and munching on popcorn.

I'd rather hear the national anthem than some of the crap that gets piped into American theaters.

Ye gods, I really DIDN'T need to hear "Pump Up the Jam" again.

In an amusing sidenote, the slideshow of annoying trivia and advertising that always plays before movies in Seattle has lately featured ads for Robert Jordan's Neverending Series--er, Wheel of Time. Up to Book Nine, now, and while the plot has slowed to a glacial pace, the publishing cycle shows no signs of slowing down.

-g, will this never end? -- WORDS FOR SALE: http://www.drizzle.com/~rimrun/words.html "An artist's expression is his soul made apparent." -- Bruce Lee