Re: The Lone Alien theory

Robbie Grant
SubjectRe: The Lone Alien theory
FromRobbie Grant
Date07/19/2001 15:49 (07/19/2001 23:49)
Message-ID<3B56E55C.76B00EB4@ozemail.com.au>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.cult-movies.alien
FollowsThomas S. McDonald esquire
FollowupsThomas S. McDonald esquire (1h & 37m)

"Thomas S. McDonald esquire" wrote:

Thomas S. McDonald esquire
In fact the idea of humans using the Aliens as bioweapons is deeply ingrained into the series, why would it be so far fetched that the space jockeys might see the same utility?

It's not. I have no problem with the idea (although I don't subscribe to it myself -- personal preference, nothing more). I'm just trying to show up Keith's hypocrisy. :-)

More over, what possible reason would anyone have to transport such an obviously hazardous cargo? Its not like the Aliens ever did anything other than kill, and wait to kill some more.

The ship only had eggs. Perhaps that's all they ever found, the rest of the adult population having died off after consuming whatever other life was on the planet. Perhaps they were taking them to a zoo. Perhaps it was a bizarre form of execution. Or worship. I could think of many more reasons far more acceptable than these few I came up with in the space of about 5 seconds. Use your imagination!

Plots tend to have plot devices. It's one of those things.

Some good, some involve pumpkin head somehow wandering on to the set of an Alien movie.

Now *that* I'd pay to see! :-)

-- *The Fuzz* You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's new sig. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought. -"And after that, my guess is you'll never hear from him again"- | http://www.ozemail.com.au/~randrgrant \ / "For such is the nature of men, that howsoever they -- O O -- may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more / \ eloquent, or more learned; yet they will hardly believe _| |_ there be many so wise as themselves...