Re: The Lone Alien theory

JEyers
SubjectRe: The Lone Alien theory
FromJEyers
Date07/08/2001 23:51 (07/08/2001 23:51)
Message-ID<20010708175133.17079.00002566@ng-fp1.aol.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.cult-movies.alien
FollowsCovenant

Yeah, why not?

Whilst I wouldn't want that scene reinserted in Alien, for the same reason Scott cut it in the first place, I don't see why it isn't plausible anyway. Cameron kinda reduced the alien to terms that we could understand and be familiar with (insects). The idea of turning victims into hosts is perhaps too out-of-this-world for the popcorn-munchers who so adore Aliens.

It's a pity the whole idea was cut from Alien 3, in fact. That might have gone some way to providing that original spin the film so very much needed.