Re: The Lone Alien theory

Covenant
SubjectRe: The Lone Alien theory
FromCovenant
Date07/15/2001 20:44 (07/15/2001 19:44)
Message-ID<9iso6f$714$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.cult-movies.alien
FollowsKeith Hazelwood
FollowupsKeith Hazelwood (18m) > Covenant

"Keith Hazelwood" <nospam@nospam.net>wrote in message news:hjn3ltc5fidc2k5lm1ormo0hf40ptgp0rq@4ax.com...

Keith Hazelwood
On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:23:28 +0100, "Covenant" <covenant@joelamb.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

Covenant
Because, unlike their blood, a second mode of reproduction is unnecessary.

They've got ONE set of jaws.. another in their tongue is unnecessary...

They've got SIX fingers?? How unnecessary... They've got six toes?? How unnecessary...

Keith Hazelwood
All true. The difference is, we KNOW they have six digits on each limb. We KNOW they have jaws in their tongues. We're forced to accept this because, like it or not, it's been enshrined into canon, just as the dog alien from A3 and the newborn from AR have. Granted, some of these non-necessities are harder to swallow than others (some being downright loathsome), but at least they have the virtue of being official.

Ahh but Keith, we're not discussing what is *official* and what isn't..

We are discussing the *neccessity* of the (In your mind) second Lifecycle... And, regarding a creature that is supposed to be *so* far removed from anything we have ever encountered (in the future obv.) One that is supposed to be THE ultimate survivor, one would naturally assume that said creature would have a way of 8surviving* and prolifegating the species if it were *hatched* alone. (To MY mind the weakest link in the entire cycle...

Covenant
If, in our own little natural world, a frog can change sex when there are

no

males around in the breeding vicinity, then I think an alien being able

make an egg from a living victim isn't *too* much of a stretch...

Keith Hazelwood
The fact that it's a stretch at all, while serving to explain nothing, is what I object to.

Ah, but it isn't a stretch y'see.... If t can happen here, now, on Earth... Why not in a species who's *sole* purpose (so it seems) is to survive and reproduce?

-- Covenant A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands