Re: The Lone Alien theory

Keith Hazelwood
SubjectRe: The Lone Alien theory
FromKeith Hazelwood
Date07/15/2001 21:03 (07/15/2001 21:03)
Message-ID<qgp3lt0e0cbc0rrbo1g3e1r1j0ndl3kifn@4ax.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.cult-movies.alien
FollowsCovenant
FollowupsCovenant (3h & 46m)
Robbie Grant (6h & 44m) > Keith Hazelwood

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:44:51 +0100, "Covenant" <covenant@joelamb.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

Covenant
Ahh but Keith, we're not discussing what is *official* and what isn't..

We are discussing the *neccessity* of the (In your mind) second Lifecycle... And, regarding a creature that is supposed to be *so* far removed from anything we have ever encountered (in the future obv.) One that is supposed to be THE ultimate survivor, one would naturally assume that said creature would have a way of 8surviving* and prolifegating the species if it were *hatched* alone. (To MY mind the weakest link in the entire cycle...

To my mind, that's a deliberately *engineered* weak link designed to intentionally prevent out-of-control breeding. The beauty of the aliens as bioweapons is that they'll age quickly and die out once a given target area is exhausted of viable hosts. It therefore seems plainly obvious to me that their creators didn't want them to survive and procreate indefinitely.

Keith Hazelwood
The fact that it's a stretch at all, while serving to explain nothing, is what I object to.

Covenant
Ah, but it isn't a stretch y'see....

YOU said it's a stretch. A small stretch is still a stretch.

If t can happen here, now, on Earth... Why not in a species who's *sole* purpose (so it seems) is to survive and reproduce?

That's the sole purpose of EVERY species, Cov. Yet most, with the exception of your Jurassic Park frogs, didn't evolve with alternate modes of reproduction to ensure their continued survival.

Keith "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." -Delos McKown