Re: The Lone Alien theory

Rob Padley
SubjectRe: The Lone Alien theory
FromRob Padley
Date07/10/2001 00:39 (07/10/2001 00:39)
Message-ID<B76FAAC8.84EA%pickledpadley@mac.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.cult-movies.alien
FollowsKeith Hazelwood
FollowupsKeith Hazelwood (5h & 36m) > Rob Padley

Keith Hazelwood
Jimmy didn't f*** with the lifecycle. He saw a loose end and came up with an appropriate way to tie it up.

Loose end, what loose end? The scene was filmed by Ridley, so it's not canon to the alien lifecycle because it was cut out?

Covenant
It adds to the uniqueness of the entire species...

Keith Hazelwood
It adds unnecessary complexity is what it does.

Seems to me that an alien in any form is going to be pretty complex, this does not detract for me, the more complex the better, the more 'alien' it becomes when 'we' as humans can't work it out.

Ah, yes, the old "it's a 'perfect organism' so it can do anything" rationale. Why not just say they can sprout flowers out of their arse if the need arises?

Your quote "It's a perfect organism" comes straight from the film, for all intents and purposes it could very well be 'perfect' nobody got close enough to these things to find out any imperfections ( at least in the first film) If something organic sprouted from its arse, it just makes it more alien for me!

Rob