Re: Stupidity in motion

ed
SubjectRe: Stupidity in motion
Fromed
Date04/18/2013 01:25 (04/17/2013 16:25)
Message-ID<bc032167-d86d-4ee8-bc7e-b747518b92fc@googlegroups.com>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsSandman (6h & 39m)
Nashton (11h & 24m)
-hh (11h & 54m) > ed

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:08:54 PM UTC-7, KDT wrote: ...=20

KDT
Words Mean Things. =20 It's quite telling that in a thread titled "Stupidity in motion." *Two* o=

f the biggest idiots who post often don't know what an "asset" is.=20

=20 But on to the point, no one cares what *you* think the definition of a wo=

rd is. The word "asset" has had a well defined meaning since the 1600's.= =20

=20 http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/asset

words do mean things. and in financial accounting and legal terms, a car i= s clearly an asset. for household accounting and colloquial use, it's much= less clear whether a car should be considered an asset. personally, i don= 't consider my car an asset for purposes of household accounting or calcula= ting net worth, just as i don't include the value of all my random crap tha= t i could sell on ebay, as the purpose of me keeping track of assets and ne= t worth is to see where i stand long term. bookkeeping the current value o= f a vehicle (and other assets) that will be worthless in 15 years adds noth= ing to that view. ymmv.

Sandman (6h & 39m)
Nashton (11h & 24m)
-hh (11h & 54m) > ed