Re: Stupidity in motion

jay birdsong
SubjectRe: Stupidity in motion
Fromjay birdsong
Date04/19/2013 14:06 (04/19/2013 08:06)
Message-ID<kkrbq7$ph0$1@dont-email.me>
FollowupsSandman (23m) > jay birdsong
Sandman (1h & 19m) > jay birdsong
Alan Baker (4h & 44m) > jay birdsong

"Sandman" wrote in message news:mr-28C975.07432319042013@News.Individual.NET...

In article <f9bc9cb6-323c-4c46-8b2f-6fcf53ac39f4@c5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

ed
Only those that didn't notice where the goal posts started!

Sandman
the goal posts were "is not," vs "is too," no context given

Incorrect. Here is the comment:

"if you choose to spend money on a rapidly depreciating asset that is entirely up to you."

The context was cars. Here is Nashtons ignorant reply to that:

"Thanks for your concern. A car isn't an asset. It's liability, no matter what you buy."

Yes, he actually wrote that. Michael Patelmo shared his bit of wisdom to the party:

"An asset doesn't depreciate the moment you buy it, Brain, it appreciates."

Hmmmm.........and I always really believed that. Maybe that’s why I own a house worth over a couple of mill, a couple of nice cars, I spend what I want on what I want, have a bunch of maxed out CD's, own an income producing building, and have ZERO liabilities except my AMX card, which I pay off every month.

And to think; I've been doing it the wrong way all my life. Oh well, you can't argue with success.

Too bad my "asset list" will get a bunch of people with no assets and a bunch of liabilities panties tied in knots.

Denial and derision seems like a good defense.

Yes, he actually wrote that.

If you're looking for "round 2", this might be a good place to start. If not, just walk away quietly and let one of the Assholes here hoot and holler.