Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromAlan Baker
Date11/05/2012 21:11 (11/05/2012 12:11)
Message-ID<alangbaker-06EF02.12113605112012@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsSteve de Mena
FollowupsSteve de Mena (12h & 38m) > Alan Baker

In article <j7GdnePcWPFvgQXNnZ2dnUVZ5o4AAAAA@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 11/4/12 4:43 AM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <ZuOdnVYEB4lY2QvNnZ2dnUVZ5u6dnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 11/3/12 7:49 PM, Lloyd wrote:

I'd be happy with a USB 3.0 hub that works well with my 15" Retina MacBook Pro.

Steve

Lloyd
I haven't horsed with USB 3.0 anything as I have no need.

But I wonder if those dongles that aren't USB 3 (or at least I don't believe they are) are bringing an issue to the table when used with a USB 3 hub?

The specs say it shouldn't be an issue, but then...

Steve de Mena
Lloyd, and everyone.....

WHY the fascination with my dongles???

(1) I tested with one device connected to the hub: an Apple USB SuperDrive (2) Amazon reviews for every single USB 3.0 hub I checked mentioned problems with Retina MacBook Pros

Steve

"PLEASE NOTE We have found that USB3.0 hubs are not very compatible with Logitech devices. This seems to be the case with all hubs, not just ours, so we do not recommend use of USB3.0 hubs with Logitech devices."

It seems there are problems with USB 3 that have nothing to do with Apple products...

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook