Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Steve de Mena
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromSteve de Mena
Date11/15/2012 12:39 (11/15/2012 03:39)
Message-ID<Y_edncAO9rUTSTnNnZ2dnUVZ_vOdnZ2d@giganews.com>
Followsjeff.koftinoff@gmail.com
FollowupsLewis (7h)

On 11/12/12 8:27 PM, jeff.koftinoff@gmail.com wrote:

jeff.koftinoff@gmail.com
Wow, what a funny thread - lots of replies with no relevant information.

I just purchased an iogear USB 3 hub, with power supply: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUH374/

it does not work at ALL with my retina MBP 15" - Not with USB 2 keyboards or mice, not with USB 3 hard disks.

My USB3 disk drives work great directly connected to the computer, at "much better" than USB 2 bandwidth.

Perhaps for your Dongles you can just use a USB 2 hub. They work for me for USB 2 speeds.

Does ANYONE know of a USB 3.0 HUB that actually works with a Retina Mac Book Pro??

Regards, Jeff

Hi,

Yes, for my dongles I can use my USB 2.0 10-port powered hub. (It's from "plugable" and on Amazon.com. I have a second on my first gen Mac Pro). I have found everything works, at USB 2.0 speeds, except the Apple USB SuperDrive, which is not seen at all.

So I'll connect hard drives to 1-USB 3.0 and 1-TB port and the hub on the 2nd USB 3.0 port for dongles, MIDI keyboard, Native Instruments Maschine (drum machine), etc.

And yes, USB 3.0 drives natively connected (WD My Passport 1 and 2TB work great). And a LaCie Thunderbolt 1TB drive, wow!

Thanks,

Steve

Lewis (7h)