Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Nashton
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromNashton
Date11/15/2012 16:17 (11/15/2012 11:17)
Message-ID<k8312o$g5d$1@speranza.aioe.org>
Followsjeff.koftinoff@gmail.com
FollowupsLloyd (22m) > Nashton
Sandman (3h & 36m)

On 12-11-13 12:27 AM, jeff.koftinoff@gmail.com wrote:

jeff.koftinoff@gmail.com
Wow, what a funny thread - lots of replies with no relevant information.

I just purchased an iogear USB 3 hub, with power supply: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUH374/

it does not work at ALL with my retina MBP 15" - Not with USB 2 keyboards or mice, not with USB 3 hard disks.

My USB3 disk drives work great directly connected to the computer, at "much better" than USB 2 bandwidth.

Perhaps for your Dongles you can just use a USB 2 hub. They work for me for USB 2 speeds.

Does ANYONE know of a USB 3.0 HUB that actually works with a Retina Mac Book Pro??

I don't as I don't own nor will I ever buy another Mac. But just to make a comment on your post, a little off the cuff, so to speak, the people that have devoted their lives to advocate a huge juggernaut such as Apple (as if there were a dearth of causes to focus upon) have no such problems. When their FW, USB 3 or anything you can connect to a Mac doesn't work, the close their eyes, plug their ears and sing "lalalalala."

Regards, Jeff

On Friday, 2 November 2012 19:35:21 UTC-7, Steven de Mena wrote:

Steve de Mena
Anyone have any experience with any that work. All I read are horror

stories and flaky performance with the ones out there.

Even a 4-port USB 2.0 hub from Belkin I have did not work. Would not

see the Apple USB SuperDrive. Going on a trip 3rd week of December and

no way can I get by with just two USB ports. (My music software alone

requires two dedicated USB copy protection dongles)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Lloyd (22m) > Nashton
Sandman (3h & 36m)