Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Lloyd
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromLloyd
Date11/04/2012 03:50 (11/03/2012 21:50)
Message-ID<lloydparsons-5786BA.21500603112012@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsJustin

In article <k74ipj$inu$1@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <k74gf4$7d7$2@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <k74eg2$v3v$2@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <k749vs$4de$2@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
On 11/3/12 7:16 PM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <k7430g$qde$5@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 14:41:55 -0500, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <k73rhh$dq0$7@dont-email.me>, Justin <justin@nobecauseihatespam.edu>wrote:

Justin
Steve de Mena wrote:

Steve de Mena
Anyone have any experience with any that

Justin
work.

All I read are

Steve de Mena
horror stories and flaky performance with the

Justin
ones out there.

Steve de Mena
Even a 4-port USB 2.0 hub from Belkin I have

Justin
did

not work. Would

Steve de Mena
not see the Apple USB SuperDrive. Going on a

Justin
trip 3rd week of

Steve de Mena
December and no way can I get by with just

Justin
two

USB ports. (My

Steve de Mena
music software alone requires two dedicated

Justin
USB

copy protection

Steve de Mena
dongles)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Justin
I have the perfect solution, download all of

your

music without

DRM like I have been doing since 1999. They're

called "mp3." Then

you can use whatever player you want, on any

OS,

copy them freely

to multiple devices and not have to worry

about

USB dongles.

Lloyd
LOL!

Justin, I don't think he's talking about

Justin
software

quite that

Lloyd
simplistic. Look up Avid ProTools sometime.

I'm not sure if he is using that particular

Justin
one.

OK... just checked up on it. There's a crack

out

there that

allows it to run without the dumbass dongle. Since he

already paid for the

software it is his right to be able to use it.

Lloyd
No it isn't. Owning a legal copy gives you no

Justin
rights to a cracked

Lloyd
version.

Justin
If he paid for the software he paid for the right

use it.

Do you agree?

Alan Baker
He paid for the rights to use it under the terms by

Justin
which it was

Alan Baker
licensed to him.

Justin
and if it is discovered the license is unfair after

the

purchase, he is

within his moral rights to use the software. He bought it, he can use it. It really is that simple.

Alan Baker
If I write it, I get to choose how I license it. If you

Justin
don't like how I

Alan Baker
license it, don't buy it.

It really is THAT simple.

Justin
If you write it to work properly and don't intentionally design flaws like using an external piece of shit that

can

fail at any moment, it won't be an issue.

Alan Baker
If I write it, I get to decide what "properly" means.

The only decision you get is whether or not to buy it

Justin
under the terms I

Alan Baker
offer.

Justin
When you write/offer/act like a douchebag, expect to be treated as such. Nobody in the industry uses hardware dongles anymore.

Obviously this thread alone proves the falseness of your last statement.