Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Steve de Mena
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromSteve de Mena
Date11/05/2012 21:09 (11/05/2012 12:09)
Message-ID<j7GdnePcWPFvgQXNnZ2dnUVZ5o4AAAAA@giganews.com>
FollowsLloyd
FollowupsAlan Baker (2m) > Steve de Mena
Lloyd (1h & 30m)

On 11/4/12 4:43 AM, Lloyd wrote:

Lloyd
In article <ZuOdnVYEB4lY2QvNnZ2dnUVZ5u6dnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 11/3/12 7:49 PM, Lloyd wrote:

I'd be happy with a USB 3.0 hub that works well with my 15" Retina MacBook Pro.

Steve

Lloyd
I haven't horsed with USB 3.0 anything as I have no need.

But I wonder if those dongles that aren't USB 3 (or at least I don't believe they are) are bringing an issue to the table when used with a USB 3 hub?

The specs say it shouldn't be an issue, but then...

Lloyd, and everyone.....

WHY the fascination with my dongles???

(1) I tested with one device connected to the hub: an Apple USB SuperDrive (2) Amazon reviews for every single USB 3.0 hub I checked mentioned problems with Retina MacBook Pros

Steve